- If I pay on my credit card can I make a booking on behalf of another person?icon
Yes, you can.
- Can I check-in if the booking is under someone else’s name?icon
No, the only person whose name and valid ID stated in the booking confirmation will only be allowed to check in. Payment is taken on arrival
- Do I need to provide both names if I am making a booking for one room for two people?icon
No you only need to provide one name. The person named in the booking must be present during check in.
- I’ve made a booking, how do I check if it’s been successful?icon
You will receive a booking confirmation with unique booking ID.
If you do not receive a booking confirmation, please call us on 0151 230 1133 and press option 1.
- Do I need to print out my booking reservation?icon
It is advisable to print out your booking reservation for reference and easy check-in at the property. If you don’t have a print out of your reservation, please confirm booking details at the reception desk and provide your identification. A valid photo ID accepted.
- What currency is accepted at the property?icon
Payment is to be received in British Pounds (Sterling).
- What is the earliest time I can check in?icon
The earliest time you can check in is from 15:00 GMT.
If you arrive before the allocated check in time, you can leave your luggage with us whilst you enjoy the city.
- What is the latest check-out time?icon
The latest check-out time is 11:00 GMT on the check-out date. A late check out can be requested, but is subject to availability. Please ask at reception upon check in. Late check out from £10.00 per hour, up until 13:00. (Special late check out options available on Sundays subject to availability, please ask a member of the reception team).
- What about parking?icon
Unfortunately, we don’t have parking available at either The Main Bridewell or Parker Street.Guests at the Main Bridewell can enjoy parking at a discounted rate from the NCP Moorfields, Vernon Street, Liverpool, L2 2AY (NOT THE Q PARK). The cost is £8.50 per 24 hours (regular price £21). A discount ticket is available at reception upon request.For guests staying at Parker Street, the nearest car park is in St John’s Shopping Centre. The address is 10 St George’s Place, L1 1NQ. We unfortunately do not currently offer guests staying at Parker Street a discount at any nearby car parks.
- How many nights can I stay for?icon
Minimum stay is 1 night.
Nights beyond 30 can be arranged with the reservations department. All bookings are should be paid in advance.
- Can I cancel my booking?icon
Deposits paid (Prepay and Save) are non-refundable.
Cancellations must be made by e-mail to Reservations@Caroshortstay.com. Confirmation of cancellation will be sent to you. If you do not receive confirmation, then your cancellation may not have been received. Client and Booking Agent does not guarantee that emails sent to it are received. It is Client’s responsibility to ensure receipt of their cancellation. Cancellations may be liable to the charges outlined below. Depending on the reasons for your cancellation, you may be able to reclaim these cancellation charges from your insurance company, if you have taken out travel insurance. We strongly recommend that all clients obtain appropriate travel and personal insurance cover.
- Cancellations must be received at least 24 hours prior to midday (GMT time) on the day of arrival, and received by email Reservations@Caroshortstay.com. No further charges will be made for cancellations received prior to this deadline, other than the loss of any deposit paid.
- If Client notifies of cancellation within 24 hours, or fails to arrive, the full amount will be charged and is non-refundable.
- Cancellations are not permitted on Prepay and Save rates.
- Does Caroshortstay.com offer refunds?icon
Subject to Terms and Conditions. Click here for full Terms and Conditions.
- Is breakfast included?icon
Unfortunately, we don’t provide breakfast on site. However, you can purchase a breakfast voucher for the Dale Street Eatery café just round the corner and receive a 10% discount from the Butty Box.
If these options don’t tickle your fancy, our reception team can make some great recommendations!
- Is there internet access in the rooms?icon
Yes there is free Wifi available in all our properties as standard.
- Do the rooms have en-suite bathrooms?icon
Yes, all the rooms have en-suites equipped with power showers. Rooms have basic toiletries such as shower gel and shampoo.
- Are the rooms air-conditioned?icon
Rooms are not air conditioned but fans can be provided upon request.
- What are the beds like in the rooms?icon
Beds are double or twin beds which are hotel quality pocket sprung mattresses.
- Is there room service in the property?icon
No room service is available.
- What facilities do the rooms have?icon
Rooms have LED smart TV’s and tea and coffee making facilities, Hair Salon hairdryer and an iron and ironing board are available on request. Towels are also provided for guests.
There are no telephones or mini-bars in the rooms.
- Are there electrical points in the rooms?icon
Yes, there are multiple electrical points in the room.
However, there are no shaver outlets in the bathroom.
There are a limited number of travel adapters available from reception upon request.
- Is there a housekeeping service?icon
Rooms are serviced, every 3rd day and washing facilities are available onsite should you wish to launder your own bedding/clothing. An additional service is available at £15.00 and must be booked the day prior by 17.00pm.
Guests staying in studios are asked to clean any plates or cooking equipment they have used during their stay. Failure to do so will result in additional cleaning fees.
It is the guests’ responsibility to remove all excess rubbish from their rooms and place in bins located at the side of the hotel. Failure to do will result in excess charges.
- Does the property have a lounge area?icon
The Atrium is a relaxing shared area which was once the exercise yard of this former prison.
Guests can use this area until 10:30pm.
- Is reception 24 hours?icon
Currently reception is not operational 24 hours a day.
Attended hours are 9am until 11pm on weekdays and 1am on weekends. (Subject to change)
- Can I change my room type upon check-in?icon
Yes. Subject to availability.
- Can I smoke in the room?icon
No. Caroshortstay.com operate a non-smoking policy. You are not permitted to smoke anywhere within the building. (Smoking within the property or your room will be charged a minimum of £50.00 or the cost of the next nights published price (Booking.com).
- Can children stay unaccompanied in the property?icon
No, no one under the age of 18 years of age can stay unaccompanied in the property. Children under the age of 5 are free and do not count as occupants. This is however dependent on suitable room availability and all local fire regulations. All children over the age of two are regarded as adults when determining occupants of a room. The Operator reserves the right to charge for the provision of children’s equipment including cots and high chairs. Children under the age of 16 must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Are additional guests allowed in the room?icon
Not before 10.00am or after 10.00pm, before and after these times are quiet times to help ensure the best nights sleep possible.
- Can I bring my pet with me?icon
No pets, of any kind, are allowed in the property with the exception of service dogs.
- Will I need to pay a security deposit?icon
The Operator reserves the right to charge a Security Deposit upon check-in.
A pre-authorisation of £50 per room is applicable upon check in. Please be advised that only ONE cash or credit/debit card payment can be made in respect of the room security deposit, which will be the responsibility of the lead guest. If the Security Deposit is paid in cash, it will be refunded upon departure, after a representative of CaroShortstay.com has checked the condition of the room.
Security Deposits held on a credit card (via a pre-authorisation) or charged to a debit card will be refunded as per the issuing bank’s policy. Typically this may take between 5-10 working days, however some banks do take longer.
Customers should note that with pre-authorisation, funds are frozen within their account and no money is transferred at any time. However, it will affect your available funds balance and spending limits on the card while the pre-authorisation exists. The Operator is not liable for any delays in releasing pre-authorisations by credit card companies.
- Do you accept credit cards, cheques, cash?icon
CaroShortStay.com accept most major credit cards and debit cards.
CaroShortStay.com does not accept cheques unless previously agreed with management for payment to clear in advance of a stay.
Cash. Yes with pre-authorisation with Credit or Debit Card.
- Is VAT charged?icon
Yes at the local rate.